Amy Frey, M.S., L.P.C
With hectic lives, how often do we feel allowed to stop and reflect? To stop and freely talk without interruption? I believe that therapy is a safe and confidential space where you can process your experiences, fears, limiting beliefs, and goals without judgment. It is your place to stop and find your voice.
I enjoy working with those who want to improve personal insights, strengthen communication skills, reduce negative symptoms, or who are seeking spiritual growth. I will support you as we identify ways to heal wounds and help you to better understand yourself. I am honored to witness clients unblocking the negative patterns that have emotionally paralyzed them. My integrative therapeutic approach to counseling allows clients to not just treat symptoms, but to heal. In therapy, you cannot selectively heal one area of your life.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. I provide therapy to children, adolescents, and adults. I have advanced training in areas related to anxiety, adoption, depression, infertility, foster care, parenting, co-dependency, stress management, and other issues impacting a person’s self-concept. I am present with my clients and I listen to their concerns focusing on their goals of therapy. I honestly reflect patterns of behaviors, personal narrative, coping skills, and thinking cycles. I am grateful to have supported over 100 children, adults, and families throughout my clinical experiences.
Training & Professional Experiences
- Certified in Parent-Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT)
- Trauma-Focused CBT
- Trauma Art Narrative Therapy Level 1
- Initial Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Training
- Therapist with The Nebraska Children’s Home Society
- Therapist with Child Guidance Center
- Therapist with Lutheran Family and Children's Services
- Therapist with Barnes Jewish Hospital Behavioral Health
- Therapist with Provident
- Adjunct Professor at Strayer University
- M.A. Mental Health Counseling from Bellevue University in Bellevue, NE
- B. S. Education and Human Sciences with a minor in Psychology from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, NE
American Counseling Association
2025 South Brentwood Blvd. #201-01 Saint Louis MO, 63144 (314) 207.0505